Can I pause my subscription for when I’m away?
Yes! You can pause your orders while keeping your subscription active. Here’s how:
1. Sign in to your account.
From your desktop:
2. Locate and click the icon for 'My Acount' in the upper right of the website banner.
3. Click ‘My Subscriptions’ in green at the top of the page.
4. Click the subscription number that you would like to pause.
5. Under the next order date click the button titled ‘PAUSE’.
6. A window will appear that says, “Are you sure?”, click ‘OK’.
1. Click the menu icon in the upper left and select ‘My Account’.
2. Click ‘My Subscriptions’.
3. Click the subscription number you would like to pause.
4. Scroll through the details and click the button titled ‘PAUSE’.
5. A window will appear that says, “Are you sure?”, click OK.
If you are pausing your subscription, it be paused until you log in again and follow these same instructions to RESUME.
Do I need to wash my greens?
Like all produce you should wash them before you indulge. To maintain freshness, do not wash and then store them. The excess water can make your greens wilt. Instead, wash just before eating them. Rinse them lightly with cold water and use a salad spinner to dry them, or pat them dry with a paper towel.
How do I make changes to my subscription order?
1. Sign into your account by clicking the ‘My Account’ icon in the banner of the webpage. If you forgot your password, click ‘Forgot Password’, and then follow the instructions to sign in.
2. Once signed in, click ‘My Subscriptions’ shown in green at the top of the page.
3. Click your active subscription number to view its details.
4. Click ‘Edit’ to make changes to this subscription such as, change the quantity of your current product(s), add new products, and/or delete current products. You can only delete products if you have more than one product listed.
5. Click ‘Add Product’ to add a product to your subscription. A window will appear with the options to choose from.
6. Click the Trash icon to delete a product.
7. Once you’ve made your changes scroll down to the bottom left side of the page to read the disclaimer. Click the box if you agree, then click ‘CONFIRM’.
• Click ‘Pause’ to pause your subscription. This will place your delivery orders on hold until you sign into your account and resume it.
• You can click ‘Skip’ to skip your next order. Your new order date will appear. Please note, orders go through 2 days before the delivery date.
• You can click ‘Cancel’ to cancel your subscription altogether. This does not delete your account. If you wish for us to remove your entire account, please email us and we will do this for you.
• You can update your payment info by clicking ‘Update’ and then checking your email for a secure link to update your credit card information. You will need to follow the instructions from there.
What areas do you deliver to?
We deliver greens to the following areas: Longmont, Niwot, and Berthoud Colorado. If you’re unsure whether we can deliver to you, please contact us.
What time should I expect my delivery?
We harvest your greens in the morning and deliver them on the same day, in the afternoon, sometime between 12 and 4pm.
Why can’t I choose which greens I get?
We select your weekly varieties of greens based on our growing cycle. Our cycle is curated to provide the best quality of mixed flavors every week. We hope that this makes your customer experience both fun and convenient.
What makes you different than other local CSA’s?
Our business model is not a CSA, it is a subscription-based farm-to-door service where customers pay for each delivery and can cancel their subscription at any time. CSA’s are Community Shared Agriculture where farms rely on the community to prepay for a 20-week season of food. This allows farmers to invest in a seasons-worth of expenses and labor to grow a large variety of foods. CSA’s also rely on their customers to pickup their food from the farm on a weekly or bi-monthly basis throughout the season.
We are different in that we are an urban farm that specializes in only leafy greens that are grown in a small space, indoors, all year round. Our greens are grown in an efficient hydroponic (NFT) system which is a closed-loop system providing higher yields, using less water, less space, and producing pesticide-free organic produce all year long.
How is your growing system using less water than conventional farming?
Hydroponic systems use 10 times less water than traditional field crop watering methods because it’s a closed-loop system where water is cycled through in rotation and does not run off and drain to the environment. Read More >
Is growing with Hydroponics Organic?
Hydroponics uses dissolved nutrients in water systems that are feeding vegetables the necessary minerals for plant growth, and for nutritional value. The nutritional value of the hydroponically grown vegetables are showing to be the same as soil grown produce.
However, there is, indeed, controversy about whether hydroponically grown fruits and vegetables can be considered organic. Here’s the issue: some hydroponically grown produce has been certified as organic by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), but farmers contend that organic certification should be limited to produce grown in soil. They argue that organic farming benefits the health and regeneration of soil. So, if hydroponic farmers use only organic pesticides – if pesticides are needed, which they aren’t needed when grown indoors – then their produce can in fact receive organic certification.
Wispy’s goal is to eventually be certified Organic but there’s much debate whether a new labeling system will be put in place for hydroponics. This will all get resolved in time, but until then rest assured Wispy Greens uses only organic nutrient solutions and is pesticide and herbicide free.
Either way, soil or hydroponic, just be sure it’s local and organic to get the nutrients you need to help your body fight the ever-evolving viruses that we’re facing today.
I heard microgreens are good for cancer Patients. Is this true?
While there needs to be more studies, some clinical trials have been done with great cancer-fighting results, particularly for breast and prostate cancer.
For prostate cancer, a study has found an 11-fold reduction rate of invasive prostate cancer cells after feeding the mice with 15% broccoli microgreens in the diet for 12 weeks , and a decrease later to 2.4-fold for 28 weeks. The data was obtained by comparing to a control group of mice with invasive cancer cells (without broccoli microgreens in diet). Although broccoli microgreen diet did not completely destroy cancer cells, it significantly slowing down the progression of cancers.
As for breast cancer, a study from the University of Alabama at Birmingham fed the pregnant mice with 26% of broccoli microgreen diet and compared them to the other groups . These were 2 other groups of mice:
Offsprings from the mother mice which had been fed with broccoli diet.
The 4-week-old mice with broccoli diet.
The 8-week-old adulthood mice with broccoli diet.
The first group showed a stronger effect in preventing breast cancers, much stronger than the second group. However, no preventive effect on the third group of mice. The study suggested that earlier exposure to the broccoli microgreen diet can be very effective in preventing the later development of breast cancer.
All-in-all, microgreens are widely acknowledged for their health-promoting properties that build cells and boost the immune system to help fight disease. Vitamin A is great for maintaining cell growth and aid in immune and vision health. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, and Vitamin K is important for bone growth development. Both vitamins C and K help fight off inflammatory diseases.
You can read more about microgreens and their health benefits here.
Can you cook microgreens?
Microgreens are best eaten raw, as they lose their vitality, as well as precious water-soluble vitamins and enzymes, when cooked. You can add them to a warm meal as a garnish after cooking.
What do you grow?
We grow 7 varieties of lettuce from the salanova, oakleaf, loose-leaf, romaine and bibb families. We also grow microgreen vegetables including: Arugula, Basil, Beets, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cilantro, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Nasturtium, Onion, Peas, Popcorn, Radish, Swiss Chard, and Sunflower Shoots. We are also planning to grow a few of the most popular herbs that people use fresh including: Basil, Mint, Dill and Parsley. View our Stocklist.
What are Microgreens?
Microgreens are baby vegetables with health-promoting or disease-preventing nutrients. These little leafy vegetables are harvested at a young age in a large grouping. The higher concentration of baby vegetables provides more nutrients than one mature vegetable of equal biomass. Microgreens are easy to eat because they are small and require no cooking. They can be eaten raw as a tasty finger food or they can be easily tossed in a salad or pasta dish. Place these greens atop a sandwich or even sprinkled them over a pizza. No matter how you toss them, microgreens will give your meal a rush of nutritious flavor.
What makes microgreens a superfood?
Microgreens are known for their high antioxidant content and are considered a functional food where they potentially have a positive effect on health beyond basic nutrition. They contain higher amounts of vitamins and minerals per serving than mature vegetables of equal biomass. Microgreen vegetables provide an excellent source of essential vitamins, minerals, proteins and antioxidants that give you energy and help you build your immune system.
What is your zero-waste policy?
All produce is delivered in reusable Glass or compostable containers. We take it upon ourselves to wash and sanitize all reusable glass, and we make sure all compostable containers end up at our local compost facility. All leftover greens are donated directly to local charity centers.
Serving Longmont Colorado and nearby areas. If you’re unsure whether we can deliver to you, please contact us.
Sign up for our newsletter! We don’t believe in clogging your email, we just want to give you first dibs. By providing your name and email you are allowing Wispy Greens to send you promotions and communications via email.
© 2023 Wispy Greens.
All rights reserved.
Powered by Shopify